|Water Resource Engineers - NHC Vancouver, British Columbia Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an international firm of engineers, geoscientists, and technologists providing professional services for the development, management, and protection of water resources.|
We have an immediate opening for an entry-level engineer to assist in river engineering, hydrology, habitat restoration, flood hazard, and hydraulic design projects based in the firm's North Vancouver office.
The following education, skills, and experience are required:
- High quality client service
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Ability to use skills to improve the quality and efficiency of NHC products
- Attention to detail with openness and ability to learn new skills on the fly
- Self-motivated individual with a demonstrated ability to work independently and prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines
- A bachelor's or master's degree in Civil Engineering with a focus on water resources, and be registered, or eligible for registration, with Engineers and Geoscientists British Columbia (EGBC)
- Demonstrated report preparation skills, solid computer skills in numerical analysis, hydrologic and hydraulic models, CAD, GIS, and office productivity software
- Knowledge in the areas of river engineering, fluvial geomorphology, hydrology, and flood hazard assessment are an asset.
NHC offers the opportunity to work with top technical experts in an independent, specialized firm on technically challenging and satisfying real-world projects. We have a competitive salary structure and comprehensive benefits package, including annual merit-based bonuses.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resumes in confidence to Diane Lindroos.
Closing Date: 25 October 2018
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
NHC is an equal opportunity employer.