|surveyor / engineering technologist - NHC Nanaimo, British Columbia Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an international firm of engineers, geoscientists, and technologists providing professional services for the development, management, and protection of water resources. We are currently seeking a Surveyor / Engineering Technologist to work in our Nanaimo office on Vancouver Island. We are seeking candidates with:|
- High quality client service skills
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with openness and ability to learn new skills on the fly
- Strong skills and experience with Autodesk Civil3D CAD software
- Strong aptitude and expertise with geomatics and surveying (total station and GPS-based surveys)
- High proficiency with data reduction software and MS Excel
- Willingness and ability to work in challenging field conditions in Western Canada including working in small boats on rivers, in swift water conditions, and remote locations, and
- Civil Engineering Technologist qualifications from an accredited program and registered or eligible to be registered with ASTTBC.
The following skills and experience would be an asset:
- Experience with heavy civil construction contracting, cost estimating, and project management
- Experience with ArcGIS software
- Experience with hydrographic surveys, hydrometric stations, and flow gauging (ADCP, ADV, and dilution).
NHC offers the opportunity to work with top technical experts in an independent and specialized firm on technically challenging and satisfying real-world projects. NHC has a competitive salary structure and comprehensive benefits package, including annual merit-based bonuses.
Nanaimo and the surrounding communities offer the amenities of a vibrant city with the benefits of diverse recreational activities and affordable housing.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resumes in confidence to Diane Lindroos.
Closing Date: 24 August 2018
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
NHC is an equal opportunity employer.