|SENIOR CIVIL CAD TECH - NHC Edmonton, Alberta Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an international firm of consulting civil engineers and geoscientists providing professional services for the development, management, and protection of water resources. We are currently seeking candidates with a minimum of 10 years of experience in computer-aided design and drafting (CADD) to participate in river and coastal engineering projects based in the firm's Edmonton, Alberta; North Vancouver, BC; or Nanaimo, BC offices.|
Candidates with the following essential qualifications and abilities are encouraged to apply:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in computer-aided design and drafting (CADD)
- Strong organizational skills, with a demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Proficiency with Autodesk Civil3D, including corridors, grading, survey databases, shortcuts, and pipe networks
- Ability to work with large data sets such us multibeam bathymetry or LiDAR surveys
- 3D modeling experience
- Experience working under BC MoTI or Alberta Transportation drafting standards.
The following qualifications and skills are not required but would be considered an asset:
- GIS (GlobalMapper or Esri ArcGIS)
- Point cloud registration and editing with Faro Scene, Cloud Compare, and Recap
- Geometric modeling for CFD/FEA analysis with tools such as SpaceClaim or SolidWorks
- Survey data processing with Trimble Business Centre
- Photogrammetric processing with Pix4D, Agisoft PhotoScan, PhotoModeller, or similar software
- Autodesk Revit.
NHC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including annual merit-based bonuses. Most importantly, we offer the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals in an independent and specialized firm on technically challenging and satisfying real-world projects.
If you are interested in joining our team, resumes can be sent in confidence to Noreen Finnerty.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
NHC is an equal opportunity employer.