|junior or staff engineer – NHC Sacramento Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an international firm of consulting civil engineers and geoscientists providing specialist services for the development, management, and protection of water resources. Our Sacramento, California office is seeking talented junior and staff level engineers. The job classification will be dependent upon the successful candidate's qualifications and experience.|
- Junior and Staff level engineers work closely with Senior Engineers and Principals supporting hydraulic, hydrologic, and geomorphic analyses as well as bank protection, fish passage, and habitat restoration designs. Junior/Staff level engineers typically work on 2-4 projects at a given time.
- Typical assignments include numerical hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, engineering design, data analysis, instream hydraulic measurements, and development of basis of design reports.
Required Skills & Experience
- M.S. or Ph.D. in civil/water resources/environmental engineering, fluvial geomorphology, hydrology, or a closely related field.
- Licensed professional engineer in California, or the ability to obtain a license within 2 years.
- Strong technical writing background with demonstrated abilities to prepare written reports and communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated with the ability to solve engineering problems and work collaboratively on project teams.
- Experience in engineering projects that include problem evaluation, alternatives analysis, planning, design, and construction. Preference for experience within fish passage and screening projects, instream habitat enhancement, or bank protection design.
- Experience applying hydrologic and hydraulic computer models. List the specific models in the employment application (either in the cover letter or your resume).
- Ability to complete on-site project work including field surveys and instream hydraulic measurements.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience with computer programming, field survey, or instream measurement collection.
- Proficiency in GIS and CAD software programs.
NHC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including annual merit-based bonuses. Most importantly, NHC offers the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals in an independent and specialized firm on technically challenging projects.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Debra Jensen. NHC is an equal opportunity employer and strives for workforce diversity. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.