|junior/staff engineer – nhc sacramento Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an international firm of consulting civil engineers and geoscientists providing specialist services for the development, management, and protection of water resources. Our Sacramento, California office has an opening for a junior or staff level engineer with 0 to 5 years of experience. The job classification will be dependent upon the successful candidate's qualifications and experience.|
- Junior/Staff level engineers work closely with Senior Engineers and Principals supporting hydraulic, hydrologic, and geomorphic analyses, as well as bank protection, fish passage, and habitat restoration designs. Junior/Staff level engineers typically work on 2-4 projects at a given time.
- Typical assignments vary and include field surveys, instream hydraulic measurements, data analysis, as well as numerical hydrologic and hydraulic modeling.
Required Skills & Experience
- M.S. or Ph.D. in civil/water resources/environmental engineering, fluvial geomorphology, hydrology, or a closely related field.
- Licensed professional engineer in California, or the ability to obtain a license within 2 years.
- Strong technical writing background with demonstrated abilities to prepare written reports and communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated with the ability to solve engineering problems and work collaboratively on project teams.
- The position will include restoration work and therefore requires an interest in hydraulic design engineering, stream restoration, bank protection design, fish passage and screening projects, and instream habitat enhancement.
- Ability to complete on-site project work including field surveys and instream hydraulic measurements.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Specialized experience or training in watershed science, hydraulic design, hydraulic modeling, construction management, sediment transport, or fish passage.
- Proficiency in GIS and CAD software programs.
- Experience applying hydrologic and hydraulic computer models. List the specific models in the employment application (either in the cover letter or your resume).
NHC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including annual merit-based bonuses. Most importantly, NHC offers the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals in an independent and specialized firm on technically challenging projects.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, salary history, and references to Debra Jensen. NHC is an equal opportunity employer and strives for workforce diversity. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.