|junior or staff engineer – NHC Seattle Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an international firm of consulting civil engineers and geoscientists providing specialist services for the development, management, and protection of water resources. Our Seattle, Washington office is seeking talented junior and staff level engineers. The job classification will be dependent upon the successful candidate's qualifications and experience.|
- Junior and Staff level engineers work closely with Senior Engineers and Principals supporting hydraulic, hydrologic, and geomorphic analyses as well as bank protection, fish passage, and habitat restoration designs. Junior/Staff level engineers typically work on 2-4 projects at a given time.
- Typical assignments include numerical hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, engineering design, data analysis, field work, and development of basis of design reports.
Required Skills & Experience
- M.S. or Ph.D. in civil/water resources/environmental engineering, fluvial geomorphology, hydrology, or a closely related field. Relevant course work and/or research should be listed in resume or discussed in cover letter.
- Licensed Engineer in Training, with the ability to become licensed as a Professional Engineer in Washington State within 3 years. Professional license is preferred.
- Only U.S. citizens or applicants that have, or can readily obtain, a permanent work permit will be considered for employment.
- Strong technical writing background with demonstrated abilities to prepare written reports and communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated with the ability to solve engineering problems and work collaboratively on project teams.
- Experience in engineering projects that include problem evaluation, alternatives analysis, planning, design, and construction. Preference for experience within fish passage, instream habitat enhancement, flood protection, bank protection design, and stormwater planning/design.
- Experience applying hydrologic and hydraulic computer models. List the specific models in the employment application (either in the cover letter or your resume).
- Ability to complete on-site project work including field surveys, instream assessments, hydraulic measurements, and construction observation.
- Proficiency in GIS and Civil 3D software programs is essential. Please describe level of experience with both platforms.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Specialized experience or training in watershed science, hydraulic design, hydraulic and hydrologic modeling, pumping and pipeline systems, construction management, sediment transport, or fish passage. Please list any specialized training or experience.
- Computer programming. Describe experience with specific programming languages.
- Surveying and field data collection/measurements. Describe experience/training as it relates to water resources.
NHC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including annual merit-based bonuses. Most importantly, NHC offers the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals in an independent and specialized firm on technically challenging projects.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and references via email to this link. NHC is an equal opportunity employer and strives for workforce diversity. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.