|junior engineer – nhc sacramento Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an international firm of consulting civil engineers and geoscientists providing specialist services for the development, management, and protection of water resources. Our Sacramento, California office has an opening for an entry level engineer with zero to five years of experience.|
- Junior Engineers work closely with and under the direction of Senior Engineers and Principals supporting hydraulic, hydrologic, and geomorphic analyses as well as bank protection, fish passage, and habitat restoration designs.
- Junior Engineers typically work on 2-4 projects at a given time.
- Typical assignments include numerical hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, engineering design, data analysis, instream hydraulic measurements, and development of basis of design reports.
Required Skills & Experience
- M.S. or Ph.D. in civil/water resources/environmental engineering.
- Experience applying hydrologic and hydraulic computer models. List the specific models in the employment application (either in the cover letter or your resume).
- Experience in engineering projects that include problem evaluation, alternatives analysis, planning, design, and construction. Preference for experience within fish passage and screening projects, instream habitat enhancement, or bank protection design.
- Strong technical writing background with demonstrated abilities to prepare written reports and communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated with the ability to solve engineering problems with a demonstrated ability to work both independently and collaboratively on project teams. The individual must be able to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to complete on-site project work including field surveys, instream hydraulic measurements, and construction supervision.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Specialized experience or training in watershed science, hydraulic design, hydraulic modeling, construction management, sediment transport, or fish passage.
- Proficiency in GIS and CAD software programs.
- Experience with computer programming, field survey, or instream measurement collection.
NHC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including annual merit-based bonuses. Most importantly, NHC offers the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals in an independent and specialized firm on technically challenging projects.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Debra Jensen. NHC is an equal opportunity employer and strives for workforce diversity. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.