|junior engineer – nhc Pasadena Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an international firm of consulting civil engineers and geoscientists providing specialist services for the development, management, and protection of water resources. Our Pasadena, California office has an opening for an entry level engineer with zero to three years of experience.|
- Junior Engineers work closely with and under the direction of Senior Engineers and Principals supporting hydraulic, hydrologic, and geomorphic analyses as well as river engineering, fish passage, and habitat restoration designs.
- Junior Engineers typically work on projects as part of a team and are involved in two to five projects at a given time.
- Typical assignments include numerical hydrologic and hydraulic modeling, water resources engineering design, data analysis, field hydrometric measurements, and preparation of engineering reports.
- Projects involve water resources engineering for both natural systems and infrastructure.
Required Skills & Experience
- M.S. or Ph.D. in civil/water resources/environmental engineering.
- Specialized experience or training in watershed science, hydraulic design, hydraulic modeling, construction management, sediment transport, or stream restoration.
- Strong technical writing background with demonstrated abilities to prepare written reports and communicate effectively.
- Self-motivated with the ability to solve engineering problems and to work both independently and collaboratively on project teams.
- Interest in on-site project work including field surveys, hydrometric measurements, and project construction.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Experience applying hydrologic and hydraulic computer models. List the specific models in the employment application (either in the cover letter or your resume).
- Experience in engineering projects that include problem evaluation, alternatives analysis, planning, design, and construction.
- Proficiency in GIS and CAD software programs.
- Experience with computer programming, field survey, or hydrometric measurements.
NHC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including annual merit-based bonuses. Most importantly, NHC offers the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals in an independent and specialized firm on technically challenging projects.
To apply for this position, please send a cover letter, resume, and references to Mary Nissim. NHC is an equal opportunity employer and strives for workforce diversity. Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.