|it technician - NHC Vancouver, British Columbia We are currently seeking an Information Technology (IT) Technician. The position will be based out of our North Vancouver office, supporting staff at various locations as a member of NHC's IT team.|
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Self-motivation with a demonstrated ability to work independently
- Prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Excellent listening and questioning skills, combined with the ability to interact confidently with staff to establish what the problem is and explain the solution
- High-quality client service
- Excellent communication and organizational skills
- Diploma or certificate in computer sciences or related discipline from a technical institute
- Minimum 1-year IT Help Desk/Support experience as well as some customer service experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience
- Microsoft certifications and programming knowledge would be advantageous.
- Installation and configuration of computer hardware operating systems and applications
- Monitoring and maintaining computer systems and networks
- Communicating with staff or clients, either face-to-face or over the phone, to help set up systems or resolve issues
- Troubleshooting system problems, diagnosing and solving hardware or software faults
- Ability to lift and set-up computer and peripheral equipment
- Provide support, including procedural documentation and relevant reports
- Prioritize and manage many open cases at one time
- Test and evaluate new technology
- Improve the quality and efficiency of our systems.
NHC offers the opportunity to work with top technical experts in an independent, specialized firm on technically challenging and satisfying real-world projects. We have a competitive salary structure and comprehensive benefits package, including annual merit-based bonuses.Application Instructions: Please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to Diane Lindroos, HR Manager. Please include in your cover letter your specific education or practical experience, including the number of years of experience with the knowledge, skills, and abilities mentioned above.
- The highest level of education you have completed
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment Visa status in Canada?
- Your salary expectation
- The notice you would need to start work.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
NHC is an equal opportunity employer.