|HYDROCLIMATE SCIENTIST - NHC Vancouver, British Columbia Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an international firm of engineers, geoscientists, and technologists providing professional services for the development, management, and protection of water resources.|
We are currently seeking a hydroclimate scientist based out of our North Vancouver office with project work throughout BC and Western Canada.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with openness and ability to learn new skills on the fly
- Self-motivated individual with a demonstrated ability to work independently and to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines
- High-quality client service
NHC uses a wide range of monitoring technologies and experience with many of these is desired:
- Experience managing field data collection programs and data review and analysis in AQUARIUS
- Dataloggers: Campbell, Sutron, FTS, RomCom, Solinst, and Neon
- Flow Measurement: ADCP, ADV, dilution, ultrasonic, and engineered structures
- Water Level Sensors: shaft encoders, pressure sensors, ultrasonics, lasers, radar, and bubblers
- Turbidity and Sediment Transport: Analite, FTS, and Sequioa sensors, manual suspended and bedload sampling
- Snow and Climate: Snow scales, snow pillows, air temperature, snow depth sensors
- Precipitation: Standpipes, snow pillows, heated and unheated tipping buckets
- Realtime Ice and Sediment: Cameras, sonar, and hydrophones
- Realtime Time-Series Data Management: AQUARIUS time-series database management, python API coding, windows task management, AQUARIUS WebPortal.
NHC offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package, including annual merit-based bonuses. Most importantly, we offer the opportunity to work with like-minded individuals in an independent and specialized firm on technically challenging and satisfying real-world projects.Application Instructions:
Please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to Diane Lindroos, HR Manager.
Please include in your cover letter:
- Your specific education or practical experience, including number of years' experience with the above-mentioned technologies
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment Visa status in Canada?
- Your salary expectations
- The notice you would need to start work.
Closing Date: 18 November 2018
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
NHC is an equal opportunity employer.