|human resources generalist – nhc Vancouver|
(part-time or Consultant) Northwest Hydraulic Consultants Ltd. (NHC) is an international firm of consulting civil engineers and geoscientists providing professional services for the development, management, and protection of water resources. We are currently seeking a motivated and enthusiastic individual to lead the Human Resources services in our North Vancouver, British Columbia office. The position is being made available as a part-time employee or consultant.
The successful candidate will work with management and administrative staff to update, maintain, and lead the implementation of human resources policies and programs at NHC. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Reviewing current HR practices and working with management in the development of an integrated HR program aligned to the company strategy and culture
- Assisting with the administration of HR activities such as benefits, compensation, recruiting, onboarding, employee relations, policy implementation, and employee programs
- Participating in annual performance appraisals, salary and benefits reviews, and monitoring employee professional development.
The position will be based in NHC's North Vancouver, BC office but will support the firm's HR needs in our Nanaimo, Kamloops, and Edmonton offices. Some travel may be required.Desired Skills & Experience
- Degree or diploma in human resources management or educational equivalent
- Five years of progressive human resources experience as an HR Generalist, preferably in a professional services organization
- Solid understanding of current employment and human rights legislation
- Demonstrated experience in working through corrective action and progressive discipline scenarios with managers and employees
- Experience in HR program development and implementation (performance management, salary reviews, onboarding, etc.)
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
NHC offers a competitive salary and benefits package in a progressive and friendly work environment. Management is approachable, ethical, and accountable, effort is rewarded, hours are reasonable, and a healthy work-life balance is encouraged.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter and resume to Carol Griffiths. We thank all candidates for their interest in this position but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
NHC is an equal opportunity employer.