|Geomatics Engineer – NHC Edmonton, Alberta
Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an international consulting firm of engineers and scientists providing professional services for the development, management, and protection of water resources. NHC is an industry leader that provides water resource engineering solutions in specialty areas of numerical modeling, floodplain studies, watershed restoration, hydrology, and river morphology. Our Canadian office locations include Edmonton, North Vancouver, Nanaimo, Kamloops, and Montreal.
As our Geomatics Engineer, you will be involved in a variety of river engineering, hydrology, habitat restoration, flood hazard, and hydraulic design projects based from our Edmonton office. Assignments will include field data collection, discharge measurements, and bathymetric surveying on large rivers and small streams across Alberta and sometimes beyond. Responsibilities will also include office-based work, such as survey data processing and reporting, coordination of field resources and personnel, data management, and other project management tasks as required.
The following education, skills, and experience are essential:
- Bachelor of Science (B.Sc.) in Geomatics Engineering.
- Licensed Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) in Alberta or another Canadian province or territory.
- 5+ years of static and topographic survey experience (8+ years preferred).
- Demonstrated experience processing, checking, and manipulating field data using tools such as Trimble Business Center, Civil3D, or GIS.
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Desire to work outdoors in sometimes challenging conditions or remote locations.
- Self-motivated individual with a demonstrated ability to work independently and to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines.
- Valid Transport Canada Pleasure Craft Operator Card (PCOC).
- Valid Class 5 Alberta Driver's License (or equivalent) and a clean abstract. Use of a personal vehicle for company travel is not required.
Although not essential, the following qualifications are desirable:
- Experience conducting hydrometric measurements with ADCPs and handheld ADVs.
- Experience with hydrographic survey software packages such as HYPACK and survey-grade sonar systems.
- Experience with dataloggers, sensors, and communications equipment for scientific and remote monitoring applications.
- Transport Canada Pilot Certificate – Basic Operations to fly aerial drones and experience operating drones for survey applications.
NHC offers a competitive salary structure and benefits package, including annual merit-based bonuses.
If you have the necessary qualifications and are interested in joining our team, please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to Mr. Robyn Andrishak, M.Sc., P.Eng. - Alberta Branch Manager.
Closing Date: August 23, 2019
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
NHC is an equal opportunity employer.