|engineering technologist - NHC Vancouver, British Columbia Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an international firm of engineers, geoscientists, and technologists providing professional services for the development, management, and protection of water resources.|
We are currently seeking an engineering technologist. The position is based out of our North Vancouver office with project work throughout BC and Western Canada.
Skills and Experience:
- High-quality client service
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with openness and ability to learn new skills on the fly
- Self-motivated individual with a demonstrated ability to work independently and to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Experience with hydroclimate stations and flow gauging (ADCP, ADV, and dilution) is preferred
- Experience with total station surveys, GPS-based surveys (static, RTK, and DGPS), and hydrographic surveying is beneficial
- Proficiency with data reduction software, Excel, ArcGIS, and drafting packages such as AutoCAD and Civil3D is useful
- Demonstrated ability to work outdoors
- An interest in overseeing the maintenance of field equipment
- Willing to travel throughout BC and Alberta
- Experience with rope work, watercraft, hiking, and mountaineering is beneficial.
NHC offers the opportunity to work with top technical experts in an independent, specialized firm on technically challenging and satisfying real-world projects. We have a competitive salary structure and comprehensive benefits package, including annual merit-based bonuses.Application Instructions:
Please send your resume and cover letter in confidence to Diane Lindroos, HR Manager. Please include in your cover letter your specific education or practical experience, including number of years of experience, with the following:
- Hydroclimate stations and flow gauging GPS-based surveys (static, RTK, and DGPS)
- Watercraft operation and water safety in rivers and oceans
- Wilderness safety
- Working outdoors
- Total station surveys
- Hydrographic surveying
- Civil 3D
- The highest level of education you have completed
- Will you now or in the future require sponsorship for employment Visa status in Canada?
- Your salary expectation
- The notice you would need to start work.
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
NHC is an equal opportunity employer.