|engineering technologist - NHC Vancouver, British Columbia
Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an international firm of engineers, geoscientists, and technologists providing professional services for the development, management, and protection of water resources.
We are currently seeking an engineering technologist. The position will be based in NHC's North Vancouver office, but project work will be throughout BC and Western Canada.
The following skills and experience are required:
- High-quality client service
- Excellent communication, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail with openness and ability to learn new skills on the fly
- Self-motivated individual with a demonstrated ability to work independently and to prioritize multiple tasks to meet tight deadlines
- Experience with hydroclimate stations and flow gauging (ADCP, ADV, and dilution) is preferred
- Experience with total station surveys, GPS-based surveys (static, RTK, and DGPS), and hydrographic surveying is beneficial
- Proficiency with data reduction software, Excel, ArcGIS, and drafting packages such as AutoCAD and Civil3D is beneficial
- Demonstrated ability to work outdoors
- An interest in overseeing the maintenance of field equipment
- Willing to travel throughout BC and Alberta
- Experience with rope work, water sports, hiking and/or mountaineering is beneficial.
NHC offers the opportunity to work with top technical experts in an independent, specialized firm on technically challenging and satisfying real-world projects. We have a competitive salary structure and comprehensive benefits package, including annual merit-based bonuses.
If you are interested in joining our team, please send your resumes in confidence to Diane Lindroos.
Closing Date: 20 November 2018
Target Start Date: 1 December 2018 (or ASAP)
Only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
NHC is an equal opportunity employer.