|logistics coordinator and Administrative Assistant - NHC Vancouver, British Columbia Northwest Hydraulic Consultants (NHC) is an international firm of consulting civil engineers and geoscientists providing professional services for the development, management, and protection of water resources. We are currently seeking an outgoing and enthusiastic individual in our North Vancouver office. This is a permanent full-time position.|
To be successful in this role, candidates must be able to demonstrate excellent organizational, communication, and computer skills, along with the ability to prioritize tasks. Specific responsibilities will include:
- Coordinating travel arrangements – flights, hotel accommodations, car rentals, etc.
- Coordinating shipping of field equipment/supplies, often to remote areas in B.C., Alberta, and the U.S.
- Assisting with planning and coordinating field work assignments, including safety protocols
- Administration duties as required, which may include opening mail daily, filing and archiving, photocopying, data entry, managing couriers, and maintaining office supplies
- Assisting with report and proposal editing, formatting, assembly, and distribution
- Assisting with managing timely submission of expense reports
- Welcoming clients, staff, and managing the phone system during normal working hours
- Other miscellaneous tasks as required.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Previous experience in organizing travel arrangements, dealing with couriers/shipping, and related administrative duties
- Be decisive and a self-starter with the ability to prioritize
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to multi-task while being detail-oriented
- Intermediate to advanced skills in Microsoft Office suite
- Clear and professional phone manner
NHC offers a competitive salary and benefits package in a progressive and friendly work environment. Management is approachable, ethical, and accountable; effort is rewarded, hours are reasonable, and a healthy work-life balance is encouraged.
If you are interested in joining our team, please submit a cover letter and resume to Carol Griffiths.
We thank all candidates for their interest in this position but only applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
NHC is an equal opportunity employer.